On September 3, 2011 I was diagnosed with Stage IV colon cancer. I had emergency surgery and the tumor was removed but it has spread to my liver. I wear an ostomy bag now.
In October 2011, I will begin chemo to beat back the tumor in my liver. I am getting stronger each day and trying to stay positive. I am unable to work. I have applied for Medicaid but that will only cover a fraction of my bills.
I am calling out now, not only for your continued good wishes and thoughts but for financial help. If you can help in any way, please help me fight and win my battle. No donation is too big or too small. With the love and support of those around me, I know, together, we can win this.
Please keep the love flowing in your thoughts for me. I can feel it helping to carry me on this journey. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Peace
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm also very pleased to announce that friend and artist DTM has offered all proceeds from his posters and book sales to benefit GO THE CATHERINE.
I'm a huge fan of his work and grateful for this generous offer. Take a look and maybe buy some great art for your walls. It is for a good cause.
Thanks for listening and viewing!

Cambodia posters available at:
http://thirdeyevisuals.com/posters.htm

CHURNING THE SEA OF MILK books available at:
www.lulu.com
or
www.amazon.com

Monday, November 7, 2011

Round Two Finished

This morning started out like a Tucker Max story but without the alcohol, hilarity or sex.  While eating my bowl of Life cereal and almond milk, I felt my stoma become very, very active and suddenly there was a big blow out from behind the wafer.  The wafer is a circular piece of adhesive that attaches to my skin around the stoma that my ostomy bag snaps onto.  Shit was everywhere. Literally, down my leg, on my cooter, across my stomach.  Even down on my socks. My bowel  movements are involuntary now, I cannot control when or where they will happen.  Reality sucks sometimes.  Into the shower, in tears because I was humiliated, to get cleaned up.  Showers take a lot of energy, which I don't have this soon after chemo. 
The tears stop.  I bathe,  finish my breakfast and take a 5 hour nap.   I can look back at this morning with a mild sense of humor but not much.  
I was discharged at 2am Sunday November 6th from hospital.  I am a terrible patient: cranky, lashing out, swearing up a storm,  completely pissed off at having to be trapped in a bed in a room.  They wanted me gone as badly as I wanted to leave. It was a three day treatment and on day 3 a nurse finally kept me sedated from 2am Friday until 7pm Saturday.  That was the only way I got through the ordeal. 
Magical sleep. 
I've been home for almost two days and except for the fatigue/weakness, I am tolerating the chemo well.  I am thankful for that.