On September 3, 2011 I was diagnosed with Stage IV colon cancer. I had emergency surgery and the tumor was removed but it has spread to my liver. I wear an ostomy bag now.
In October 2011, I will begin chemo to beat back the tumor in my liver. I am getting stronger each day and trying to stay positive. I am unable to work. I have applied for Medicaid but that will only cover a fraction of my bills.
I am calling out now, not only for your continued good wishes and thoughts but for financial help. If you can help in any way, please help me fight and win my battle. No donation is too big or too small. With the love and support of those around me, I know, together, we can win this.
Please keep the love flowing in your thoughts for me. I can feel it helping to carry me on this journey. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Peace
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm also very pleased to announce that friend and artist DTM has offered all proceeds from his posters and book sales to benefit GO THE CATHERINE.
I'm a huge fan of his work and grateful for this generous offer. Take a look and maybe buy some great art for your walls. It is for a good cause.
Thanks for listening and viewing!

Cambodia posters available at:
http://thirdeyevisuals.com/posters.htm

CHURNING THE SEA OF MILK books available at:
www.lulu.com
or
www.amazon.com

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Good News

My blood counts went up, according to my oncologist visit Monday.  That's good.  I am still a bit anemic but the iron pills upset my stomach so I am trying to obtain my iron from spinach and kale and I reckon a good steak would help also. Although I decided a few weeks back to stop eating red meat.   The anemia probably contributes to my fatigue also.
I got approved for Medicaid which means my next round of chemo (Round #3 ~ 1/4 of the way done!!) can be done in the doctor office and not in hospital.  I still dread it but it is not the hospital.  I hate the fucking hospital.   Tomorrow morning at 9am, they will access my port for a 3 hour infusion of Avastin. Then I get to come home with a pack full of drugs hooked up to my port, a big IV,  to finish the 48 hour infusion of the other drugs.  I will be in my own house, with my own stuff and no stupid strangers waking me up at 8:30AM wanting to change my sheets.  That annoyed the crap out of me. 
I am feeling a bit discouraged, it's been very hard. I cry.  I am angry.  Depressed.  Just when I feel like I am recovering from the chemo, I get nailed with another round.  I wonder how I am going to manage 5 more months of this. 
Dan is really good at snapping me out of it, reminding me to just breathe and stay in the moment.  I will get through it because it is the way forward.  He helps me a lot.  Thanks, Dan.  I could not do this without you.  And your yummy juices also, they are made with love and lots of fresh veggies.   Love ya.