On September 3, 2011 I was diagnosed with Stage IV colon cancer. I had emergency surgery and the tumor was removed but it has spread to my liver. I wear an ostomy bag now.
In October 2011, I will begin chemo to beat back the tumor in my liver. I am getting stronger each day and trying to stay positive. I am unable to work. I have applied for Medicaid but that will only cover a fraction of my bills.
I am calling out now, not only for your continued good wishes and thoughts but for financial help. If you can help in any way, please help me fight and win my battle. No donation is too big or too small. With the love and support of those around me, I know, together, we can win this.
Please keep the love flowing in your thoughts for me. I can feel it helping to carry me on this journey. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Peace
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm also very pleased to announce that friend and artist DTM has offered all proceeds from his posters and book sales to benefit GO THE CATHERINE.
I'm a huge fan of his work and grateful for this generous offer. Take a look and maybe buy some great art for your walls. It is for a good cause.
Thanks for listening and viewing!

Cambodia posters available at:
http://thirdeyevisuals.com/posters.htm

CHURNING THE SEA OF MILK books available at:
www.lulu.com
or
www.amazon.com

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Catherine And The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week....

It's blurry and furry. And druggy and muggy. Scary and hairy. Exhausting and teary.
(I think) it was Tuesday the 21st, could have been Wednesday, about 10 at night when I coughed deeply and a steady stream of blood burst out of my stoma, hitting the wall. The bleeding was severe : a garden hose on full blast while a finger is held over it.
Saturated two surgical gauze pads, 3 wash clothes folded into quarters and 2 folded dish towels in under 5 minutes. I told Dan he needed to call 911 as I was bleeding out. Fortunately, I'm not on blood thinners.
The ambulance arrives. I am still bleeding heavily, just keeping steady pressure over a wound the size of a pencil point. Serious. Small opening, big bleeding. Being carried down a flight of stairs on a stretcher and being flipped sideways to make the corner, is a very weird experience. We arrived at St. Peter's. Odd because I usually go the the ER on Fridays, never mid-week. The EMT's had taken over the bandage and pressure job, leaving me to cry freely in fear and pain. There was a lot of blood.
I received three blood transfusions by the time I was discharged on Saturday the 25th. Crazy.
Back to the hospital, the bleeding stopped, eventually. As will this post. To continue talking about ER visit #2, the admission and ER visit #3 today.