On September 3, 2011 I was diagnosed with Stage IV colon cancer. I had emergency surgery and the tumor was removed but it has spread to my liver. I wear an ostomy bag now.
In October 2011, I will begin chemo to beat back the tumor in my liver. I am getting stronger each day and trying to stay positive. I am unable to work. I have applied for Medicaid but that will only cover a fraction of my bills.
I am calling out now, not only for your continued good wishes and thoughts but for financial help. If you can help in any way, please help me fight and win my battle. No donation is too big or too small. With the love and support of those around me, I know, together, we can win this.
Please keep the love flowing in your thoughts for me. I can feel it helping to carry me on this journey. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Peace
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm also very pleased to announce that friend and artist DTM has offered all proceeds from his posters and book sales to benefit GO THE CATHERINE.
I'm a huge fan of his work and grateful for this generous offer. Take a look and maybe buy some great art for your walls. It is for a good cause.
Thanks for listening and viewing!

Cambodia posters available at:
http://thirdeyevisuals.com/posters.htm

CHURNING THE SEA OF MILK books available at:
www.lulu.com
or
www.amazon.com

Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

I've finished Round 4.  I never ever have to go through Round 4 of chemo again.  I am 1/3 of the way through my chemo.  My blood counts continue to stay elevated, which means my body is producing red blood cells and my immune system is pretty strong because my white blood cell count is good.  My iron levels shot way up,  anemic no more!  I am still very exhausted though. 
The bad news is that my weight is down to 95 pounds.  I've always been thin but this is a bit ridiculous. I'm eating (my favorite lately is a butter, honey and peanut butter sandwich) but don't seem to be gaining any weight.   I have started to develop Raynaud's Phenomenon in my hands because of the drug Oxaliplatin.  Basically my hands are very very very sensitive to the cold and become numb and hurt and my fingers freeze up for a few minutes.  I can't move them and they look like claws.   I wear gloves to get things out of the fridge and reaching into the freezer is a big no go.  As is eating or drinking anything that is not room temperature.  It is a temporary reaction,  only lasting for a few minutes at a time for the first 7 or 8 days of my chemo treatment.   But it hurts and renders my hands useless so it is a bit of a pain in the ass.  I am also taking Avastin which gives me lots of bloody noses, also not the greatest thing but I'll take a bloody nose over constant vomiting in terms of side effects.
I will be having a CT scan after Round 6 of chemo, which is slated for December 28th.  This scan will tell us if the tumors are shrinking.  I try not to think about what will happen if they aren't shrinking.  I just can't worry about it, what will happen is what will happen. 
In the meantime, I use lots of positive affirmations when I talk to myself : "My body is strong.  I am healthy"  "The medicine is making me heal" "My liver is healthy".... and I continue to get reminders from folks all over the world that I am in their thoughts and hearts and that helps me stay positive also.